Connors, Robert J., and Andrea A. Lunsford. "Frequency of Formal Errors in Current College Writing, or Ma and Pa Kettle Do Research." CCC 39.4 (1988): 395-409.
Return to the front page.
Return to the overview for this issue of CCC.
Access a full text PDF of this article. (Note: PDFs are available through NCTE, or JSTOR for issues prior to Volume 48. Site subscription may be required.)
Bookmark this entry on Delicious
Bookmark this entry on CiteULike.
Print this entry.[need to do a plaintext style sheet for entries]
Then below here, we'll add the lower navbar stuff from the original version, inc. site search, tag search, categories, issue bar, etc.)
Robert J. Connors and Andrea A. Lunsford. Frequency of Formal Errors in Current College Writing, or Ma and Pa Kettle Do Research.
- Works Cited
- Copeland, Charles T., and Henry M. Rideout. Freshman English and Theme-Correcting at Harvard College. Boston: Silver, Burdett, 1901.
- Elbow, Peter. Unpublished document. English Coalition Conference. July 1987.
- Harap, Henry. "The Most Common Grammatical Errors." English Journal 19 (June 1930): 440-46.
- Hodges, John C. Harbrace Handbook of English. New York: Harcourt, Brace & Co., 1941.
- Johnson, Roy Ivan. "The Persistency of Error in English Composition." School Review 25 (Oct. 1917); 555-80.
- Pressey, S. L. "A Statistical Study of Children's Errors in Sentence-Structures." English Journal 14 (Sept. 1925); 528-35.
- Shaughnessy, Mina P. Errors and Expectations. New York; Oxford UP, 1977.
- Sloan, Gary. "The Subversive Effects of an Oral Culture on Student Writing." CCC 30 (May 1979): 156-60.
- Snyder, Thomas D. Digest of Education Statistics 1987. Washington: Center for Education Statistics, 1987.
- Williams, Joseph. "The Phenomenology of Error." CCC 32 (May 1981); 152-68.
- Witty, Paul A., and Roberta La Brant Green. "Composition Errors of College Students." English Journal 19 (May 1930): 388-93.